Navigation
Search

Excerpt from a list of students who attended The Connecticut Asylum for the Education and Instruction of Deaf and Dumb Persons, 1817-1851.

This list, excerpted from the appendix of a eulogy for Thomas Gallaudet, names students that attended The Connecticut Asylum for the Education and Instruction of Deaf and Dumb Persons (later the American School for the Deaf). The school opened in Hartford, Connecticut on April 15, 1817, with Gallaudet as principal.