Monthly Boards calls to move to quarterly schedule
Posted by DPLA in June 11, 2014.
This is a short notice that the DPLA Board will move from monthly open Board calls to quarterly open calls effective immediately. It has been a busy and productive first year of growth with regular new developments to discuss, but as we settle into fulfilling our long-term mission we should be able to get our business done on quarterly calls.
This means that the next Board call will be in September, not this week (Wednesday, June 11).
Furthermore, the Board will strive to host at least one in-person (or video-enabled web conference for those who can’t make it) per year. Monday, September 15 is likely to be the next in-person meeting, and then starting in 2015 the Board in-persons will take place at DPLAfest in April.
As far as scheduling is concerned, we’ll move to a standing date and time for these calls: the 15th of September, December, March, and June at 3:00 PM Eastern, except when that date falls on a weekend. Using this new approach, the updated schedule of quarterly Board calls for 2014-2016 will be:
- Monday, September 15, 2014 at 3:00 PM Eastern (potential in-person/video conference meeting; see below)
- Monday, December 15, 2014 at 3:00 PM Eastern
- Monday, March 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM Eastern
- April 17-18, 2015 – DPLAfest 2015 (in-person meeting)
- Monday, June 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM Eastern
- Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM Eastern (moved to 9/16 due to holiday)
- Tuesday, December 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM Eastern
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM Eastern
- April 2016 – DPLAfest 2016 (in-person meeting; dates forthcoming)
- Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM Eastern
- Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM Eastern
- Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 3:00 PM Eastern
Many thanks for those who have continued to stay involved with DPLA by participating in our open calls. Although we will have a fewer number of calls over the course of the year, there will still be ample time at each quarterly call to share your thoughts. If you have questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reach out at email@example.com.
Chair, DPLA Board of Directors
All written content on this blog is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. All images found on this blog are available under the specific license(s) attributed to them, unless otherwise noted.