Open Legal Committee Call: September 3, 2:00 PM Eastern
Posted by Kenny Whitebloom in August 28, 2014.
The Legal Committee will hold an open call on Wednesday, September 3 at 2:00 PM EDT. The agenda can be found below. To register, follow the link below and complete the short form.
- The DPLA/Europeana rights metadata meeting in October
- Upcoming additional House Judiciary Committee hearings on copyright reform
- Brief review of the Authors Guild v. HathiTrust appeal outcome, and an update on the Authors Guild v. Google appeal
- Likelihood of additional reports from the Copyright Office, and the release of the USPTO’s “White Paper” on copyright reform, expected in early 2015
- Recent articles from the Berkeley Symposium on copyright reform, including papers on fair use and “permitted but paid” uses (by Jane Ginsburg), legislating digital exhaustion (by Jason Schultz and Aaron Perzanowski) and a paper on Section 108 reform by David Hansen
All written content on this blog is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. All images found on this blog are available under the specific license(s) attributed to them, unless otherwise noted.