New DPLA Job Opportunity: Ebook Project Manager
Posted by DPLA in August 10, 2015.
Come work with us! We’re pleased to share an exciting new DPLA job opportunity: Ebook Project Manager. The deadline to apply is August 31. We encourage you to share this posting far and wide!
Ebook Project Manager
The Digital Public Library of America seeks a full-time Ebook Project Manager to assist DPLA with its new ebook initiatives. The Ebook Project Manager should be a knowledgeable, creative community leader who can move our early stage ebook work from conversation to action. We are seeking a creative individual who demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills, with a broad knowledge of the ebook landscape. The Ebook Project Manager will work closely with the Business Development Director to develop DPLA’s ebook strategy and services, and will coordinate DPLA’s National Ebook Working Group, organize future meetings, and administer discrete pilots targeting key areas of our framework for ebooks.
Responsibilities of the Ebook Project Manager:
- Serves as DPLA’s primary point person for service development, community engagement and other aspects of DPLA developing ebook program;
- Leads community convenings; facilitates stakeholder conversations; and synthesizes issues, decisions, and system/service requirements;
- Organizes and directs the DPLA ebook curation group;
- Coordinates external communications to the broader DPLA community;
- Works with DPLA network partners to identify and curate open content for use by content distribution partners.
Requirements for the position:
- Strong knowledge of current ebook landscape, with a preference given to candidates who demonstrate deep understanding of the public library marketplace, publisher distribution/acquisition processes, and library collection development/acquisition workflow;
- Understanding of the technology behind ebooks, including EPUB and EPUB conversion processes, web- and app-based display of ebooks;
- Experience with project management, especially as it relates to large-scale digital projects;
- MLS or equivalent experience with books, cataloguing, and metadata;
- Demonstrated commitment to DPLA’s mission to maximize access to our shared culture.
This position is full-time, ideally situated either in DPLA’s Boston headquarters, or remotely in New York, Washington, or another location in the northeast corridor, but other locations will also be considered.
Like its collection, DPLA is strongly committed to diversity in all of its forms. We provide a full set of benefits, including health care, life and disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send a letter of interest, a resume/cv, and contact information for three references to email@example.com by August 31, 2015. Please put “Ebook Project Manager” in the subject line. Questions about the position may also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Digital Public Library of America strives to contain the full breadth of human expression, from the written word, to works of art and culture, to records of America’s heritage, to the efforts and data of science. Since launching in April 2013, it has aggregated 11 million items from 1,600 institutions. The DPLA is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit.