DPLAfest 2015: That’s a Wrap!
DPLAfest 2015 was one for the history books! Bringing together more than 300 people from across the country (and world!), this year’s DPLAfest was two-days worth of excellent conversations, workshops, networking, hacking, and more. Missed the action, or just looking for a one-stop summary of the event? Look no further — this post contains all media, outputs, and other materials associated with the second annual DPLAfest in Indianapolis.
On the second anniversary of the Digital Public Library of America’s launch, DPLA announced a number of new partnerships, initiatives, and milestones that highlight its rapid growth, and prepare it to have an even larger impact in the years ahead. At DPLAfest 2015 in Indianapolis, hundreds of people from DPLA’s expanding community gathered to discuss DPLA’s present and future. Announcements included:
- Over 10 Million Items from 1,600 Contributing Institutions
- New Hub Partnerships
- PBS-DPLA Partnership
- Learning Registry Collaboration
- Sloan Foundation-funded Work on Ebooks
- Collaboration with HathiTrust for Open Ebooks
- New Board Chair and New Board Member Announced
- New IMLS-funded Hydra project
- DPLA Becomes an Official Hydra Project Partner
To find out more about these announcements and milestones, click here.
To read more about the collaboration with HathiTrust for open ebooks, click here.
Slides and notes
To find presentation slides and notes from DPLAfest 2015 sessions, visit the online agenda (click on each session to find attached slides and links to notes, where available).
Historic Indianapolis Tour (via Historypin)
Follow the Digital Public Library of America channel on Historypin.org to take our tour of historic sites in downtown Indianapolis, featuring some great images from the collection! Also, make sure to download the Historypin app, too, to access the tour on-the-go. Inspired to make your own Historypin tour? Share it with us!
The Digital Public Library of America wishes to thank its generous DPLAfest Sponsors:
- The Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Anonymous Donor
- Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF)
- Digital Divide Data
- Digital Library Federation
- Digital Library Systems Group at Image Access
DPLA also wishes to thank its gracious hosts:
- Indianapolis Public Library
- Indiana State Library
- Indiana Historical Society
- IUPUI University Library
Host DPLAfest 2016
If your organization is interested in hosting DPLAfest 2016, please let us know! We will put out a formal call for proposals in late April or early May.