DPLA Board of Directors Appoints Slate of Officers and Committee Chairs
Posted by DPLA in January 30, 2015.
Following on the heels of BPL President Amy Ryan’s appointment as its next chair, the DPLA Board of Directors announced today the appointment of a slate of officer positions and committee chairs. Jamie Hollier will serve as the Treasurer of the Board and chair of the Finance Committee (and the associated Audit Subcommittee). Laura DeBonis, who served previously as Board Secretary, will continue in this role, while Robert Darnton will continue as the chair of the Governance Committee (and the associated Nomination Subcommittee). These appointments will take effect as of July 1, 2015.
The DPLA Board committees are responsible for carrying out the formal governance functions of the Board.
The purpose of the Board Finance Committee is to oversee the financial doings of the DPLA; to review and evaluate the DPLA’s fiscal operation and its managers; to report to the Board and/or Executive Director on the DPLA’s finances, and/or any irregularities or issues; to provide advice and recommendations to the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Director for Content, and staff on how the DPLA’s financial operations align with its mission, vision, and strategic goals. An Audit subcommittee may be formed.
The members of the Board Finance Committee are:
- Cathy Casserly, Creative Commons (current chair)
- Paul Courant, University of Michigan
- Jamie Hollier, Anneal, Inc.; Commerce Kitchen (new chair effective July 1, 2015)
- Siva Vaidhyanathan, University of Virginia
- Ex Officio members: Amy Ryan, Chair of the Board (effective July 1, 2015), and Dan Cohen, Executive Director, serve as ex officio members on all formal Board committees
The purpose of the Board Governance Committee is to provide advice and recommendations to the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Director for Content, and staff on the governance practices to which the DPLA should adhere, and to promote Board development. A Nomination subcommittee may be established when appropriate.
The members of the Board Governance Committee are:
- Robert Darnton, Harvard University (current chair; will continue on in second term)
- Laura DeBonis
- Luis Herrera, San Francisco Public Library
- Ex Officio members: Amy Ryan, Chair of the Board (effective July 1, 2015), and Dan Cohen, Executive Director serve as ex officio members on all formal Board committees