• Creator
  • Harry Lemen, photographer
  • Created Date
  • 1920
  • Description
  • The building with its medieval turrets was built in 1911. Its castle-like appearance has changed little since its dedication on November 9 and 10, 1911. At this time, the building was named "New Castle Hall." Though the building was meant primarily as a lodge hall for the Knights of Pythias, the ground floor was, from the first, rented out for business. In 1977 the K of P headquarters sold the building to Herman Rains but the city directories ... more
    The building with its medieval turrets was built in 1911. Its castle-like appearance has changed little since its dedication on November 9 and 10, 1911. At this time, the building was named "New Castle Hall." Though the building was meant primarily as a lodge hall for the Knights of Pythias, the ground floor was, from the first, rented out for business. In 1977 the K of P headquarters sold the building to Herman Rains but the city directories record the building as "Knight of Pythias Building" until 1980. In 1999 Rains sold the building. It still houses retail and business offices. Picture taken circa 1920s. less
  • Format
  • negative