- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
One of the greatest social projects ever undertaken in Lancaster was completed in 1961. The housing for the elderly state-aided project was called Bigelow Gardens. The dedication service was held on July 25, 1961, and by September of that year, all the new apartments were rented. Today, the complex has a total of 70 housing units. It is located on the site of the English gardens that were part of the Nathaniel Thayer estate.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Bigelow Gardens. 1961-2005. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j873. (Accessed November 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1961-2005) Bigelow Gardens. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j873
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666j873>.