Contour map of railroad running through Issaquah
The Seattle Lake Shore and Eastern Railroad Company was organized in 1885, funded by local capital as well as eastern money. The first division of the road was built east to Issaquah to more easily bring coal into the city and to the coal bunkers on Elliott Bay. Service was initiated to Issaquah - then known as Gilman - in 1888, and the depot was constructed in 1889. The road was eventually purchased by the Northern Pacific.
Scanned from slide as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit color, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using CONTENTdm's image import
- All rights reserved.