[Black wax home recording of Irish immigrant song by Mr. Keillor]
- View Full Item
- Created Date
1907 patent black wax cylinder.
Inscription on lid: "Mr Keillor"; inscription on box: "Mr Keillor."
Place of recording likely the United States.
Male vocal solo, presumably by the "Mr Keillor" named on the lid and box. The refrain of this unidentified Irish immigrant song begins: "Then good-bye Erins isles, ah, my own dear native shore, the land where I was born and bred and Ill never see it more."
Also available online via the Internet.
Sung in English.
The David Giovannoni Collection of home cylinder recordings (Set Number: 101-08, Originally acquired: Mike Ellingson, June 2009).
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC Santa Barbara, Library, Department of Special Research Collections
- Cylinder Audio Archive
- Personal recordings
- Audio cylinderElectronic resource
- copyright unknown
MP3 files of the cylinders available for download are copyrighted by the Regents of the University of California. They are licensed for non-commercial use under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 2.5 License. Acknowledgments for reuse of the transfers should read "University of California, Santa Barbara Library." The original wav files (either unedited or restored) can be provided upon request for commercial or non-commercial use such as CD reissues, film/tv synchronization, use on websites or in exhibits. The University of California makes no claims or warranties as to the copyright status of the original recordings and charges a use fee for the use of the transfers. Please contact the University of California, Santa Barbara Library Department of Special Research Collections for information on licensing cylinder transfers. Full contact information can be found at: http://cylinders.library.ucsb.edu/licensing.php.
- Chicago citation style
- [Black wax home recording of Irish immigrant song by Mr. Keillor]. 1908-1928. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.library.ucsb.edu/OBJID/Cylinder12809. (Accessed December 7, 2023.)
- APA citation style
- (1908-1928) [Black wax home recording of Irish immigrant song by Mr. Keillor]. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.library.ucsb.edu/OBJID/Cylinder12809
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.library.ucsb.edu/OBJID/Cylinder12809>.