- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1881 - 1888
Includes views by various photographers and publishers.
Robert Dennis Collection of Stereoscopic Views.
Views of Hartford county, Connecticut: includes general views of Bristol, a view of the congregational church, homes, including one of the oldest in town, and a saw mill, all in Bristol; a view of a band entertaining at Compounce Lake; fires, winter scenes including a frozen fountain in the square, with churches and other buildings visible beyond in New Britain; a flood in Skinnerville; a street scene in Terryville; a train wreck on the Tariffville Bridge of the Connecticut Western Railroad; views on the Farmington River and Devils Lake including young women in a rowboat; the Shaker village at Enfield; a street scene in Southington; the effect of a wind storm; people standing near the foundation of the "Mooney family's house" near Hartford; view of a two-story wood-frame school house with students and teachers out front; a view showing a wood strewn landscape and damaged houses captioned "Ruins at the New Dam"; several young women in a horse-drawn omnibus at the tower on Talcott Mountain.
- H. N. Gale & Co
- The New York Public Library
- Contributing Institution
- The Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs: Photography Collection. The New York Public Library
- Penfield & West
- still image
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- H. N. Gale & Co. Congregational Church. 1881 - 1888. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47e1-6cf4-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99. (Accessed July 21, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- H. N. Gale & Co, (1881 - 1888) Congregational Church. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47e1-6cf4-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99
- MLA citation style
- H. N. Gale & Co. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47e1-6cf4-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99>.