• Creator
  • Miller, Patricia L; Illinois Heritage Association
  • Created Date
  • 09/03/02
  • Description
  • 313 E. Armory Ave., Champaign. Psi Upsilon began on the University of Illinois campus as the Aztec Club in 1903. In 1911 it moved into the house vacated by Delta Tau Delta at 410 E. Green Street. This postcard image shows the present chapter house as it appeared when constructed in 1924. Wilmette architect Benjamin H. Marshall selected a concave facade dominated by two large chimneys after a nearly identical manor house at Lincolnshire, Englan... more
    313 E. Armory Ave., Champaign. Psi Upsilon began on the University of Illinois campus as the Aztec Club in 1903. In 1911 it moved into the house vacated by Delta Tau Delta at 410 E. Green Street. This postcard image shows the present chapter house as it appeared when constructed in 1924. Wilmette architect Benjamin H. Marshall selected a concave facade dominated by two large chimneys after a nearly identical manor house at Lincolnshire, England. White paint shown here on the exterior walls has since been removed to expose the rough-textured original brick. Urban Treasure Hunt. 16 History. less
  • Format
  • Image36.jpg