Diablo Dam Powerhouse under construction, April 30, 1931
The Diablo Dam was built by Seattle City Light at a location 7-1/2 miles upstream from Newhalem and completed August 27, 1930. Due to the Great Depression, the Diablo Powerhouse was not completed until 1935, with the first power being generated in 1936.Caption on image: D(31-4-30)5PH Coll 1124.124.
silver gelatin, b&w
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 150 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2005