Head Coach Mike DeLong and Tri-Captains Wally Case, Phil Laughlin, and John Gallo 1984
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of the head coach of the Springfield College football team, Mike DeLong, with the captains of the 1982 team. DeLong is standing in the front holding the football and behind him is John Gallo (wearing #56). Phil Laughlin is in the middle (wearing #47) and Wally Case is in the back (wearing #92). The team finished the 1984 season with a record of 3 wins and 7 losses in DeLong's first season as head coach. He currently remains the coach today, coaching 28 seasons. By the end of 2012, his career record was 165 wins, 117 losses, and 2 ties, making his winning percentage .581. In 1995 under head coach DeLong, the Springfield College football transitioned from Division II play to Division III play, where they remain today, along with head coach DeLong. In 1890, Amos Alonzo Stagg, a Yale all-American and major league baseball pitching prospect, came to Springfield College (then known as the YMCA Training School) and started the college’s first football team. A grad st
Additional copy in folder.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Head Coach Mike DeLong and Tri-Captains Wally Case, Phil Laughlin, and John Gallo 1984. 1984-1985. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/6695. (Accessed July 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1984-1985) Head Coach Mike DeLong and Tri-Captains Wally Case, Phil Laughlin, and John Gallo 1984. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/6695
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/6695>.