Analysis and testing of high entrainment single nozzle jet pumps with variable mixing tubes /
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Includes bibliographical references (p. 116).
An analytical model was developed to predict the performance characteristics of axisymmetric single-nozzle jet pumps with variable area mixing tubes. The primary flow may be subsonic or supersonic. The computer program uses integral techniques to calculate the velocity profiles and the wall static pressures that result from the mixing of the supersonic primary jet and the subsonic secondary flow. An experimental program was conducted to measure mixing tube wall static pressure variations, velocity profiles, and temperature profiles in a variable area mixing tube with a supersonic primary jet. Static pressure variations were measured at four different secondary flow rates. These test results were used to evaluate the analytical model. The analytical results compared well to the experimental data. Therefore, the analysis is believed to be ready for use to relate jet pump performance characteristics to mixing tube design.
Also available via Internet from the NASA Technical Reports Server (http://ntrs.nasa.gov/). Address as of 6/21/06: http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19720020347%5f1972020347.pdf.
Prepared by Dynatech R/D Company, Cambridge, Mass. for Langley Research Center
- Hickman, Kenneth E
- Contributing Institution
- University of Illinois
- Washington, D.C. : National Aeronautics and Space Administration ; Springfield, Va. : For sale by the National Technical Information Service [distributor]
- Test equipment
- Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Hickman, Kenneth E. Analysis and testing of high entrainment single nozzle jet pumps with variable mixing tubes /. 1972. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431361. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hickman, Kenneth E, (1972) Analysis and testing of high entrainment single nozzle jet pumps with variable mixing tubes /. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431361
- MLA citation style
- Hickman, Kenneth E. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011431361>.