Students working outside of the Administration Building, c. 1896
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A small black and white print of students working outside of the Administration Building on Springfield College, taken around 1896 to 1897. The photograph shows one student wearing the school symbol, the triangle, on the front of his shirt. He is standing with a shovel. A couple of other students stand behind them. The Administration Building was constructed in 1896 and was the second building on the campus of Springfield College, at the time called the International YMCA Training School. Throughout much of Springfield College's history, students worked on campus and helped to build the campus. Today this tradition is shown in the school's Humanics in Action Day, where the staff and students at Springfield College go off and work within the community.
Photograph was donated by Percy F. Jerome, Class of 1898. He may have taken the photographs.
- Jerome, Percy F. (donor)
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College
International Young Men's Christian Association Training School (Springfield, Mass.)
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Jerome, Percy F. (donor). Students working outside of the Administration Building, c. 1896. 1896. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2276. (Accessed July 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Jerome, Percy F. (donor), (1896) Students working outside of the Administration Building, c. 1896. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2276
- MLA citation style
- Jerome, Percy F. (donor). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2276>.