Sioux boys 3 years after arrival at Carlisle
- View Full Item
- Created Date
One of many "before-and-after education" photographs produced in the late 19th-century and early 20th-century to document the change produced in Native American children and youth by enrollment in Indian boarding schools. Cf image ID 807115 and 807190.
- The New York Public Library
- Contributing Institution
- Art and Picture Collection. The New York Public Library
- Students--Dakota Indian
Indians of North America--Great Plains--1800-1899
United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)
- Albumen printsPortrait photographs
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the organization that has made the Item available has undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the Work. Typically, this Rights Statement is used when the organization is missing key facts essential to making an accurate copyright status determination.
- Chicago citation style
- Sioux boys 3 years after arrival at Carlisle. 1892. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47e1-1b91-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99. (Accessed August 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1892) Sioux boys 3 years after arrival at Carlisle. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47e1-1b91-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47e1-1b91-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99>.