• Creator
  • Harry Lemen, photographer
  • Created Date
  • 1946
  • Description
  • This building was built in 1913 as the Coleman-Larimore Chevrolet Garage and served as such until 1930. Harry Lemen states in his notes that "This was dad's office and our home in the early 30s." It then became home to the Farm Bureau and they used the building until 1949. In 1949 the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company leased two building sites as a spot for its new A & P Supermarket. This building site was one of the sites. The two story ... more
    This building was built in 1913 as the Coleman-Larimore Chevrolet Garage and served as such until 1930. Harry Lemen states in his notes that "This was dad's office and our home in the early 30s." It then became home to the Farm Bureau and they used the building until 1949. In 1949 the Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company leased two building sites as a spot for its new A & P Supermarket. This building site was one of the sites. The two story brick building next to it was the Sering Home and it was also taken down. It had been vacant for several years. Nathan Lichlyter began pulling down the old buildings in March of 1949. Picture taken circa 1945-46. less
  • Format
  • photograph