St. Mary's Academy, Libertyville, Ill
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- St. Mary's Academy was a school and summer retreat for the Sisters of Mercy, affiliated with Mercy Hospital in Chicago. The land (20 acres) was donated to the sisters in 1897 by Charles C. Copeland; the property included a large mansion or "clubhouse." From 1898 to 1910 the sisters operated a day school for girls. Later boys were accepted to the school but taught separately. The school closed in 1910, but the residence continued to function as a ...
- Contributing Institution
- Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society
St. Mary's Academy
St. Mary's Road
St. Mary's Academy- Sisters of Mercy
- The images in the Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society collections may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but commercial use is prohibited without permission. Questions may be directed to the society at email@example.com or (847) 362-2330.
© 2004 North Suburban Library System
- Chicago citation style
- St. Mary's Academy, Libertyville, Ill. 1907-. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/261. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1907-) St. Mary's Academy, Libertyville, Ill. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/261
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/261>.