Essay submitted by Rubye L. Fowler, United States Marine Corps Women's Reserve
- View Full Item
- Created Date
As part of a Tennessee Historical Society project documenting and interpreting "Home Front Tennessee: The World War II Experience", Mrs. Rubye L. Fowler of Cookeville submitted this six page personal essay in response to a series of questions intended to explore an individual's experience here in Tennessee during World War II. Ms. Fowler served in the United States Marine Corps Women's Reserve. Titled "Uncle Sam Has a Heart", Mrs. Fowler constructs this essay in the form of a conversation with her granddaughter telling her stories about applying for Officers' Training in the Marine Corps Women's Reserves and her assignment at the Mail and File Division at the Marine Corps Headquarters in the Navy Annex in Washington, D.C.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- World War, 1939-1945
Women and the military
United States--Armed Forces--Women's reserves
United States- Armed Forces- Women
- Cookeville (Tenn.)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees, that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Essay submitted by Rubye L. Fowler, United States Marine Corps Women's Reserve. 1991-11-21. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/679. (Accessed October 21, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1991-11-21) Essay submitted by Rubye L. Fowler, United States Marine Corps Women's Reserve. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/679
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll18/id/679>.