• Creator
  • Arnold, C.D
  • Created Date
  • 3-7-03
  • Description
  • A black and white photograph of the exterior of the Mines and Mining Building at the World’s Columbian Exposition in 1893. Source: Arnold, C. D. Collection of Photographs Illustrating the Construction and Progress of the World’s Columbian Exposition. 1893. Dimensions: 10"x13". The World's Columbian Exposition ran from May 1 to October 30, 1893. The Mines and Mining Building was located at the southern end of the lagoon between the Electricity ... more
    A black and white photograph of the exterior of the Mines and Mining Building at the World’s Columbian Exposition in 1893. Source: Arnold, C. D. Collection of Photographs Illustrating the Construction and Progress of the World’s Columbian Exposition. 1893. Dimensions: 10"x13". The World's Columbian Exposition ran from May 1 to October 30, 1893. The Mines and Mining Building was located at the southern end of the lagoon between the Electricity and Transportation buildings. The Mines and Mining Building was 700 feet in length and 350 feet wide. Exhibits included displays of diamonds, opals and emeralds, as well as iron, copper, lead, coal, granite, marble, sandstone, soils, salts, and petroleum.Flinn, J., ed. "The Official Guide to the World’s Columbian Exposition." (Chicago: The Columbian Guide Company, 1893), p. 89. Celebrations and Festivals; Exploring The Columbian Exposition. 16 History. less
  • Format
  • Wce_miner_building.JPG