- Harry Lemen, photographer
- Indiana Memory
- Madison-Jefferson County Public Library
This is one of the many stone houses found in and around the county. This one was built by Col. John Ryker in about 1850. The stone was, no doubt, collected from the property for use in the building. Col. Ryker sold the house to Abel Douglas who still owned it in 1927. It was then sold to John Browning but was torn down sometime before 1950. Pictures taken 1927 and 1937.
- Indiana-Jefferson County-Madison
- Permission to reproduce this image for other than personal use must be requested from the Director of the Madison-Jefferson County Public Library. Please contact at 420 W. Main Street Madison, IN 47250 (812) 265-2744