Notes on Paley's Evidences of Christianity, no. 2
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Notes by Edward Hitchcock on part one of William Paley's "Evidences of Christianity." This notebook is the second in a series of two notebooks by Hitchcock on this work. Hitchcock paraphrases the main arguments and points he considers important, covering chapters 9 and 10 of what Paley has termed "Proposition I." He then continues on to Proposition 2, taking notes on both chapters in that section. The notes are organized by chapter and section.
The item is undated. Dates provided are Hitchcock's birth and death year.
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864--Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864--Books and reading
Paley, William, 1743-1805
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Beginning at the opposite side of the notebook are notes by Hitchcock on the subject of the inspiration of the Bible. Hitchcock defines inspiration, lists different theories of the Bible's inspiration, discusses the concept of various readings, and makes his own arguments. He includes citations to scripture thoughout. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Notes on Paley's Evidences of Christianity, no. 2. 1793-1864. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:92898. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864, (1793-1864) Notes on Paley's Evidences of Christianity, no. 2. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:92898
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:92898>.