Dr. Edward Allen at White Hall, Overbrook School for the Blind
View Full Image
Dr. Edward E. Allen in a black suit and bowler hat posing on the tree-lined lawn in front of White Hall at the Overbrook School for the Blind, Philadelphia. White Hall served as a residence for the principal for many years and later became a boy's dormitory and apartments for independent living. Named for Bishop William White, the first Bishop of the Episcopal Church in the United States. Bishop White also served on the first board of directors at Overbrook.
|Perkins School for the Blind|
Allen, Edward E. (Edward Ellis), 1861-1950
Overbrook School for the Blind
Samuel P. Hayes Research Library, Perkins School for the Blind, Watertown, MA. Contact host institution for more information.