Hugh Currin and workers at the Currin-Greene Shoe Manufacturing Company, Seattle, 1910
Hugh L. Currin and Warren Greene opened the Currin-Greene Shoe Manufacturing Company in 1908 on Eastlake Avenue, north of downtown Seattle. The company made boots and specialty work shoes sold throughout the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. They were particularly known for their handmade, cleated logging boots. Here, Mr. Currin stands with his workers and a selection of boots made at the factory.
Scanned from original photograph using Epson Expression 10000XL as 4350 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color, resized to 700 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop CS4, JPEG quality measurement 4
- Museum of History & Industry, Seattle