David Halbe Brown speaking at YMCA Hall of Fame induction ceremony (2003)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This photograph shows David Halbe Brown speaking at the YMCA Hall of Fame induction ceremony in 2003. David Brown was inducted into the YMCA Hall of Fame in 2003. Brown began his service to the YMCA in 1954 at the Youngstown, Ohio, YMCA where he served as aquatics and youth director and associate executive director from 1954 to 1959 and the executive director from 1959 to 1966. He went on to complete the transformation of the Frost Valley YMCA in Claryville, NY. He collaborated with the Young Adult Institute of New York City in 1984, and developed a program to bring developmentally disabled children to summer camp at Frost Valley.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Young Men's Christian Association of North America
Brown, David Halbe
Hall of Fame
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- David Halbe Brown speaking at YMCA Hall of Fame induction ceremony (2003). 2003. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8660. (Accessed July 23, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (2003) David Halbe Brown speaking at YMCA Hall of Fame induction ceremony (2003). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8660
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/8660>.