Plummer's store and wharf, Seattle, 1860
- Peiser, Theodore E.
Charles Plummer was one of Seattle's early residents and businessmen. In 1854, he and a partner opened a general store and bar room with a bowling alley in the basement. Four years later, he opened a new two-story building and sold sold dry goods, groceries, and hardware. The upper floor was used for dances. Plummer also built a wood frame house nearby.
Scanned from original print as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3
- Museum of History & Industry, Seattle