- View Full Item
- Created Date
Shown with his groom is Col. John E. Thayer's famous Baron Wilkes. Thayer had a great interest in breeding fine harness horses at his Maplehurst Stock Farm, which was located at the end of a long drive on Goss Lane at the west end of Prescott Street in South Lancaster. To increase interest in fine harness horses, he organized and incorporated the Clinton-Lancaster Driving Park Association, which was located in the Greeley Hill area of Clinton.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- PhotographsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Baron Wilkes. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q544. (Accessed December 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Baron Wilkes. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q544
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q544>.