Homestead mirrored image
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The terrace front of the Nathaniel Thayer estate, the Homestead, is beautifully mirrored in this c. 1900 view. Note the new plantings along the shore of Thayer Pond. The home had just been enlarged and remodeled by Ogden Codman. The Thayer family frequently commissioned him to work on their many homes.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Homestead mirrored image. 1900. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k57k. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1900) Homestead mirrored image. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k57k
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k57k>.