• Creator
  • Richard Nicol
  • Created Date
  • 1908
  • Description
  • The original Seattle Welsh Presbyterian Church, built in 1893 on Olive Way, soon proved to be too small. A new church, shown here, was built in 1907 at 10th Ave E and E. John Street. Many of Seattle's Welsh residents lived within a mile of the church which was the center of the their community. The church was demolished in 1956 by the Presbytery along with much of its documentation that recorded Welsh contributions to the area. The inset shows... more
    The original Seattle Welsh Presbyterian Church, built in 1893 on Olive Way, soon proved to be too small. A new church, shown here, was built in 1907 at 10th Ave E and E. John Street. Many of Seattle's Welsh residents lived within a mile of the church which was the center of the their community. The church was demolished in 1956 by the Presbytery along with much of its documentation that recorded Welsh contributions to the area. The inset shows a photo of J. Michael Hughes who was pastor of the church from 1891-1894 and 1905-1912. less
  • Format
  • image
    document
    Scanned from slide as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit color, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using CONTENTdm's image import
  • Rights
  • All rights reserved.