Written history of the Greater Towanda Area Group beginning in 1983
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1983 - 2006
This written history by Dennis Kirby about the Greater Towanda Area Group (GTAG) described the reasons for expanding the original Towanda Area Group (TAG) organization, established in 1983, were to bring together the areas surrounding and including the Town of Towanda to develop programs for the community. Discussed are the activities which included an annual Towanda Heritage (sometimes called 'Settlers') Day, fundraising, and a major survey of ...
GTAG: GREATER TOWANDA AREA GROUP by Dennis Kirby July, 2006 The history of GTAG (or Towanda Area Group as it was originally organized) goes back to late 1983 and early 1984. Several citizens got together to discuss the lack of all types of activities in the Towanda vicinity, as well as the need to bring together the citizens of the Village, Lamplighter Subdivision (south of the Village) and Indian Creek Subdivision (north of the Village) into one...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at email@example.com or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Written history of the Greater Towanda Area Group beginning in 1983. 1983 - 2006. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1109. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1983 - 2006) Written history of the Greater Towanda Area Group beginning in 1983. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1109
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1109>.