- View Full Item
- Created Date
Distant view of the damaged Han River railroad bridge at Seoul, shot from the rebuilt highway bridge. Hundreds of Koreans had died on this spot on June 27, 1950--two days into the war--when South Korean forces blew up the road bridge to slow the advancing North Koreans. Tragically, hundreds of refugees crossing the bridge perished in the explosion or drowned.
- Williams, Hanson A., Jr., 1928-2009
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Pepperdine University, Special Collections and University Archives
- Pepperdine University Libraries The Korean War Photography of Hanson A. Williams, Jr. [digital resource], Pepperdine University Special Collections and University Archives
- Copyright to photographs in this collection is retained by Pepperdine University. Images are intended for educational and research use, and may be used for non-commercial purposes with appropriate attribution. Organizations and individuals seeking to use images for publication should contact Pepperdine University Special Collections and University Archives.
- Chicago citation style
- Williams, Hanson A., Jr., 1928-2009. Print scan. 1952. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15730.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15730coll5/id/2657. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Williams, Hanson A., Jr., 1928-2009, (1952) Print scan. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15730.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15730coll5/id/2657
- MLA citation style
- Williams, Hanson A., Jr., 1928-2009. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15730.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15730coll5/id/2657>.