- View Full Item
- Created Date
Named for Rachel Oakes Preston, the New Hampshire school teacher credited with bringing the seventh-day Sabbath teaching to the Millerites, this red-brick Federal-style building was part of the college's expansion program under president G. Eric Jones. Started in 1939, it was not completed until 1943. Wings to the south and west were added in 1963 and 1967 to meet increasing enrollment.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Preston Hall. 1943-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k216. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1943-2000) Preston Hall. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k216
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k216>.