Colonnade Building under construction. Business District, Coral Gables, Florida
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The original Colonnade Building, designed by architects Phineas Paist, Walter De Garmo and Paul Chalfin, is located at 133-169 Miracle Mile on the northeast corner of Ponce de Leon Boulevard. It was built in 1926-1927 and was initially constructed for use as George Merrick’s Coral Gables Corporation sales office. When the real estate market collapsed in 1927, the building was substantially complete and consequently tenants continued to occupy the space. In 1987, the historic portion of the building was rehabilitated and a high-rise addition was added to encompass the block to Aragon Avenue. The stately columned arcade gave the building its original name. It is now known as the Colonnade Hotel and Office Building.
Caption on verso: "1926- The Colonnade Building
(Ownership) Coral Gables Historical Resources Department
- Contributing Institution
- City of Coral Gables
- Coral Gables (Fla.)--History--Pictorial works
Coral Gables (Fla.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Pictorial works
Historic sites Florida
Commercial buildings--Florida--Coral Gables
- 6 X 10 in.
- Chicago citation style
- Colonnade Building under construction. Business District, Coral Gables, Florida. 1926. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://dpanther.fiu.edu/dpService/dpPurlService/purl/FI12110823/00001. (Accessed March 24, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1926) Colonnade Building under construction. Business District, Coral Gables, Florida. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://dpanther.fiu.edu/dpService/dpPurlService/purl/FI12110823/00001
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://dpanther.fiu.edu/dpService/dpPurlService/purl/FI12110823/00001>.