Center trolley stop
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The electric road was opened between Fitchburg and Worcester in 1894-1896. The trolley stopped in the center of town between the Lancaster Hotel and Safford Store. The open cars, called "breezers," made for cool traveling on hot summer days. When the Clinton-Lancaster Company merged with the Leominster-Clinton Company, larger, four-motor cars were purchased, increasing the top speed from 20 to 35 miles per hours.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Center trolley stop. 1894-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j97h. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1894-2000) Center trolley stop. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j97h
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871j97h>.