Narrow Lane School
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The Narrow Lane School in South Lancaster was built in 1897 at a cost of $12,000. It was located on a two-and-a-half-acre parcel of land procured from the Turner family. The school housed elementary grades for many years until the Memorial School in Lancaster Center opened in 1957. In 1969, the school department turned the building over to selectmen. Costs for upgrading the building for town use proved prohibitive and, in 1973, it was demolished.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Narrow Lane School. 1897-1973. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h37v. (Accessed December 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1897-1973) Narrow Lane School. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h37v
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h37v>.