Yonder Hill Boys
- View Full Item
- Created Date
In earlier times, Lancaster had a variety of minstrel shows, which were held as early as the 1880s. Posing here with fiddles, guitars, and banjo are the Yonder Hill Boys. They are, from left to right, Leon Valley, John Rouleau, Duncan McDonald, Wilbert Locke, and John Gosselin. The group performed country-western music in the mid-1930s. Minstrel shows were discontinued in the early 1950s.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- PhotographsGroup portraitsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Yonder Hill Boys. 1934-1936. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k360. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1934-1936) Yonder Hill Boys. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k360
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k360>.