The additional grant
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Thayer Memorial Library
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
Written in stone in the Old Settler's Burial Field is a copy of the 1701 deed for the grant of land from the Native Americans to the town clerk, John Houghton. It increased Lancaster's size from 80 to 112 square miles. Out of this territory later came Leominster, Sterling, and a large part of Boylston and West Boylston.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- The additional grant. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g87v. (Accessed December 14, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) The additional grant. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g87v
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g87v>.