- View Full Item
- Created Date
Area children line up as Helen Grout issues tickets for a puppet show at the Toy Cupboard Theatre around 1949. This photograph was taken when the theater was still located on the corner of Main Street and George Hill Road in South Lancaster. Puppeteer Herbert Hosmer, who had started the theater in 1941, later operated it from George Hill site adjacent to this new home.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
John Charles Schumacher-Hardy
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Puppet show. 1949. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g132. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1949) Puppet show. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g132
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871g132>.