- View Full Item
- Created Date
Built c. 1750 by carpenter Aaron Willard, the Mansion House, as it has been called, is located not far off Main Street on Neck Road. A third story was added to the structure in the mid-19th century, and it was used for many years as a boarding school by Mrs. Southwick, Rev. M.C. Stebbins, and William A. Kilbourn, A.M.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Mansion House. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h99v. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Mansion House. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h99v
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h99v>.