Measured and predicted longitudinal vibrations of a liquid propellant two-stage launch vehicle /
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Includes bibliographical references (p. 25-26).
An experimental and analytical program was conducted to investigate the longitudinal vibration properties of a two-stage full-scale launch vehicle loaded with various amounts of simulated propellants. A two-dimensional finite-element mathematical model formulated from vehicle physical parameters and experimental results was the basis for free-and forced-vibration analyses. Good agreement was obtained between the measured and predicted responses. Vector-response plots enhanced the interpretation of experimental and forced-vibration analytical results. Proper identification and correlation of the modes required a knowledge of the accelerations along the length of the vehicle, accelerations of specific components such as the engines and the turbopump, and pressures at the top and bottom of the propellant tanks.
- Clary, Robert R
- Contributing Institution
- University of Illinois
- Washington, D.C. : National Aeronautics and Space Administration : [For sale by the Clearinghouse for Federal Scientific and Technical Information, Springfield, Virginia 22151]
- Space vehicles--Design and construction
Launch vehicles (Astronautics)--Aerodynamics
Liquid propellant rockets
- Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Clary, Robert R. Measured and predicted longitudinal vibrations of a liquid propellant two-stage launch vehicle /. 1970. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011444351. (Accessed November 20, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Clary, Robert R, (1970) Measured and predicted longitudinal vibrations of a liquid propellant two-stage launch vehicle /. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011444351
- MLA citation style
- Clary, Robert R. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/011444351>.