0-6-0 Alco locomotive on log train in gully, Big Creek Logging Company, Knappa, ca. 1918
Big Creek Logging Company was based in Knappa, Oregon in Clatsop County. Knappa was named in 1891 for a pioneer settler named Aaron Knapp, Jr. The Big Creek Logging Company had a railroad that operated from 1912 to 1923. The company closed permanently in 1942. (Sources: Encyclopedia of Western Railroad History, Vol. III by Donald B. Robertson and Clatsop County, Oregon: Its History, Legends and Industries by Emma Gene Miller).
11 x 14 in.
Silver gelatin, b/w
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 1000XL at 100 ppi in grayscale. Resized using Adobe Photoshop 7.0 so that the long dimension was either 768 pixels horizontal or 600 pixels vertical, then saved in JPEG format at quality rating 3. 2012