Newspaper article of "What They Say" in Towanda in 1904
- View Full Image
- Created Date
This Bloomington, Illinois Daily Pantagraph newspaper article dated November 26, 1904 quotes some the things that Towanda people were saying - serious, humorous, odd, peculiar, and otherwise. Quoted are John Smith, Fred Lormor, Rufus McKenzie, Roy Vannaman, Mary Macy, C. M. Heller, and George H. Jones. The article was provided courtesy of the Lexington Genealogical & Historical Society, 318 W Main St, Lexington, IL 61753, 309-365-4591.
WHAT THEY SAY.-----Towanda People Speak of Things Serious, Humorous, Odd, Peculiar and Otherwise. [ Transcribed by Denny Hieronymus from the Bloomington, Illinois Daily Pantagraph, dated November 26, 1904; page 3 - column 2 ]--John Smith--"Towanda is not the largest place in the county, but it is a pretty good place for Daily Pantagraphs, I am rural carrier on No. 1, and know that there are 150 Pantagraphs come to this office every day, in a...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Newspaper article of "What They Say" in Towanda in 1904. 1904-11-26. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1652. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1904-11-26) Newspaper article of "What They Say" in Towanda in 1904. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1652
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1652>.