History of Lamplighter Subdivision, Towanda Township, Illinois
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This written history of Lamplighter Subdivision beginning in 1968, describes the plat, development and amenities of the subdivision. Also included are the names of the investors and original residents still living in the subdivision in 2007. Included is a drawing of the subdivision layout.
LAMPLIGHTER SUBDIVISION Submitted by Gail Ann Briggs, June, 2007 The development of a seventy-eight acre tract of farm ground immediately south of, and bordering on, the village limits of Towanda was begun in 1968 with 37 building lots. The first addition with another 61 building lots was platted in 1971. There are a total of 98 building lots, a tennis court lot and park site with a pond for fishing and swimming. The location, about six miles no...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- History of Lamplighter Subdivision, Towanda Township, Illinois. 1968-2007. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1678. (Accessed December 12, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1968-2007) History of Lamplighter Subdivision, Towanda Township, Illinois. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1678
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1678>.