- View Full Item
- Created Date
This showy Victorian house was built about 1860 by Daniel Goss and was later occupied by Mrs. Charles R. Chant. It was originally located on Main Street in South Lancaster. To make way for Preston Hall in the 1940s, it was purchased and moved back toward Orchard Street. The building has since been used as a music department and as a dormitory. It was reportedly the first prefabricated house in Lancaster.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Chant Hall. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k23r. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Chant Hall. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k23r
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k23r>.