Sam Houston giving order
- View Full Item
Engraving showing Sam Houston (1793-1863) and Hockley. Both men seated in a cabin. Houston has legs outstretch and wears a long cape, and Hockley sits with legs crossed, writing on a paper. Hockley wears a hate and mustache. Houston's hat on the floor. Image 16 of 16 in folder. From The Raven: A Biography of Sam Houston. On the Retreat from Gonzales. Houston dictating to Hockley the order for Major Austin to go in search of artillery (From 'Sam Houston and His Republic' 1846)
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Houston, Sam, 1793-1863
Houston, Sam, 1793-1863
Texas. President (1841-1844 : Houston)
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Sam Houston giving order. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/92. (Accessed October 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Sam Houston giving order. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/92
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/92>.