Mary Rowlandson Elementary School
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
Constructed in 2002, the school currently serves pre-kindergarten through fifth-grade students. It has 22 classrooms and a current enrollment of 470. Adjacent to the Luther Burbank Middle School, it is named for the early Lancaster minister's wife, who was captured and later ransomed after American Indians attacked the town in the winter of 1675-1676. Mary later wrote a well-known account of her ordeal, entitled: A True History of the Captivity and Restoration of Mrs. Mary Rowlandson.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Mary Rowlandson Elementary School. 2002-2005. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871f29r. (Accessed November 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (2002-2005) Mary Rowlandson Elementary School. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871f29r
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871f29r>.