View Full Image
Gift locomotive arrives in Fort Wayne. The one time Wabash Engine was built by American Loco Company at Schenectady, NY in 1906 and used by Wabash Railroad till 1952, then it was transferred here for use by the Lake Erie & Ft. Wayne, a local switch line. It will be placed on display in Swinney Park. 300 ton Nickel Plate Steam Crane lifted the 77 ton engine off tracks and placed it on Martin’s Low Boy trucks. Crane operator was Franklin Crowe, guided by hand signals from Lester “Hi” Rosswurm boss of N.K.P. Wrecking crew and Carl Bock, foreman. Date: 5/8/1957.
|Allen County Public Library|
|Allen County, Indiana|
- Chicago citation style
- Gift locomotive. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://contentdm.acpl.lib.in.us/cdm/ref/collection/coll4/id/1281. (Accessed June 23, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Gift locomotive. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://contentdm.acpl.lib.in.us/cdm/ref/collection/coll4/id/1281
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://contentdm.acpl.lib.in.us/cdm/ref/collection/coll4/id/1281>.