Anna V. Blough letter to dear ones at home, Dec. 25, 1914
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Explains the Christmas celebrations that occured at the mission in China. The school girls were thrilled to receive their first dolls, and the school boys their first tennis muffler. There was a feast at the Crumpackers. The mission sent invitations to all the local shops, inviting them to the mission in order to share the gospel. Complains of the constant change in the value of Chinese currency, and the intricacies of converting the U.S. dollar to the Chinese currency. Explains that the mission only gives to the Chinese who show an earnest interest in the gospel (rather than helping all in need).
- Blough, Anna Viola, 1885-1922
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Elizabethtown College
- Supporting Institution
- POWER Library as sponsor and HSLC as maintainer
- Blough, Anna Viola, 1885-1922 -- Correspondence
Church of the Brethren -- Missions -- China
Missions, American -- China -- Shanxi Sheng
Missionaries -- China -- Shanxi Sheng
- Pingding Xian (China)
- U.S. and international copyright laws protect this digital object. This object may be used for non-commercial educational purposes as long as a credit statement is included. Commercial use or distribution is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. Contact: Elizabethtown College, Library Director's Office, The High Library, 1 Alpha Drive, Elizabethtown, PA 17022. Phone: 717-361-1451.
- Chicago citation style
- Blough, Anna Viola, 1885-1922. Anna V. Blough letter to dear ones at home, Dec. 25, 1914. 1914-12-25. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/aeliz-lttrs/id/65. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Blough, Anna Viola, 1885-1922, (1914-12-25) Anna V. Blough letter to dear ones at home, Dec. 25, 1914. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/aeliz-lttrs/id/65
- MLA citation style
- Blough, Anna Viola, 1885-1922. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/aeliz-lttrs/id/65>.