Girls Fill And Empty Heavy Baskets Of Rock
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Gravel quarries are a common sight in Orissa and other states in India. The children that work here are exploited 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most child laborers do not have access to school. At night many sleep in the open or in makeshift shelters where sanitary conditions are nonexistent. Exposure to the rock dust from the grinder causes silicosis of the lungs and inevitably leads to respiratory illness, and carrying heavy loads on their heads can cause permanent skeletal injury. Many child laborers die before they reach 30.
- Romano, U. Roberto
- Connecticut Digital Archive
- Contributing Institution
- Archives & Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut Library
- This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, CC BY-NC.
The collection is open and available for research.
- Chicago citation style
- Romano, U. Roberto. Girls Fill And Empty Heavy Baskets Of Rock. 2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://hdl.handle.net/11134/20002:20110103. (Accessed March 24, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Romano, U. Roberto, (2000) Girls Fill And Empty Heavy Baskets Of Rock. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://hdl.handle.net/11134/20002:20110103
- MLA citation style
- Romano, U. Roberto. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://hdl.handle.net/11134/20002:20110103>.